People choose travel RN nursing jobs for a variety of reasons. Some like building a career as a travel nurse, as it lets them build unique and valuable skills. Others like the often lucrative pay opportunities. And of course there’s the wealth of destinations that those with travel RN nursing jobs can choose from. Travel RN nursing jobs are the launching pad to new adventures and new challenges. Here are the top 10 reasons that thousands of others have pursued travel RN jobs.
1. The chance to travel across the country – Want to see the United States? Whether you’ve dreamed of spending autumn in New England or winter in Southern California, travel RN jobs can help make it happen. Love the outdoors? Then you can take assignments near Colorado’s Rocky Mountains or by Washington’s scenic Puget Sound. Have you ever dreamed of hiking across the mesas of New Mexico? Want to relax along the shores of the Gulf Coast? You can do it all with a travel nursing career.
2. Great payment opportunities – Travel RN jobs are in demand. And that demand is only expected to grow. That means that travel nurses are often handsomely compensated. Typical pay rates range from $22 to $40 an hour, while experienced nurses can sometimes get specialized travel positions that pay even more.
3. Build your resume – Travel health jobs often place nurses alongside a range of experts in some of the world’s leading health care facilities, which gives traveling nurses the opportunity to learn new techniques and develop unique skills.
4. Choose your workplace – Some people prefer travel RN jobs and assignments at large, fast-paced health facilities. Some would rather prefer to work in a smaller community hospital. The great news is that travel nurses can experience them all while on assignment. There are always many choices available, and you can choose the RN nursing assignments that are right for you.
5. Greater control over your career – Ever feel like taking a month off? Everyone does from time to time. And for travel nurses, it’s much easier to take time off. Want a couple of weeks or a month off? You can do it between travel jobs. That also provides great opportunities for continuing education. With RN nursing assignments, it’s easy to schedule time off to take a class, or get an assignment near the country’s best nursing colleges.
6. Get bonuses – It’s not uncommon for travel RN nursing jobs to come with generous sign-on bonuses. Travel nurses can earn anywhere from $500 to $6,000 for simply signing on for a temporary assignment. And that’s in addition to pay rates that are often higher than the hourly rate for permanent nurse positions.
7. The opportunity to travel with family or friends – It’s often easy to find great travel nurse assignments that you can sign on to with a friend. Traveling with friends makes exploring the United States even more exciting. And if you’d like to share accommodations with a friend, that’s often possible.
8. Get great housing at no cost – Most travel nursing jobs come with high quality and free housing that’s near your workplace. Some bonuses can include gyms, swimming pools and spas. Getting adequate furniture and other utilities will also be arranged by the travel nursing staffing agency. In other words, everything will be ready for you when you arrive to your assignment.
9. Meet new people and make new friends – Travel RN nursing jobs are the perfect opportunities to meet new people. It’s common for travel nurses to establish great relationships with people across the country. Thanks to online social networks and professional networks like Facebook and LinkedIn, it’s now easier than ever to connect with new people in new cities.
10. Have the ability to try out new locations before you move there – Thinking about relocating but not yet 100 percent sure it’s a good idea? Taking travel RN nursing jobs in a city you’re thinking of moving to is an ideal way to test out the area and decide if it’s right for you.
In other words, travel RN nursing jobs offer nurses freedom. You can choose where you want to work, when you want to work and what you’d like to do. With travel RN nursing jobs, you can take jobs that offer you the pay that you’re worth. It’s all in your hands. Maximize your earning potential. Gain valuable experience. And most importantly, have fun.
In many travel RN nursing job positions, you will have the opportunity to re-sign on to the job if you enjoyed the experience and want to stay. But the best thing about travel RN nursing jobs is that you’ll also get to say goodbye to the office politics and other hassles associated with permanent nursing positions.
Molly Harris is the President and CEO at Advantage Medical Staffing, Inc., where she actively seeks candidates to fill travel RN nursing jobs [http://www.advantagemedicalstaffing.com] throughout the U.S. Advantage Medical specializes in career placement for travel nurses, per diem staff and allied professionals, and permanent placement nurses.